69600, Zaporizhzhya, Lepika st., 33-A,
(4th academic building, offices 204 and 205),
Ph. # +38(0612) 228 75 54
Dean of the Faculty D.Sc. in Biology, Honored Worker of Science of Ukraine, professor Malikov Mykola Vasylovych.
4th academic building, office 205, ph. # 228-75-54.
- for Academic Affairs, Ph.D. in Biology, associate professor Kuznietsov Andrii Oleksandrovych. 4th academic building, office 204, ph. # 228-75-53;
- for Research, Ph.D. in Physical Education and Sport, associate professor Karaulova Svitlana Ivanivna. Sports complex, office 203а, ph. # 289-12-63;
- for Educational Work Ivanska Olena Vasylivna. 4th academic building, office 204, ph. # 228-75-53;
- for Correspondence Department Work, Ph.D. in Pedagogics, associate professor Makovetska Natalia Valeriivna. 4th academic building, office 302, ph. # 228-75-43.
The dean's office secretariat:
- secretary – Peshkova Oxana Jurijivna, 4th academic building, office 205, ph. # 228-75-54;
- methodologist of correspondence department – Sidoruk Hanna Viktorivna, 4th academic building, office 302, ph. # 228-75-43.
Faculty of Physical Education was established in 1968.
It carries out preparation of bachelors, specialists and masters in:
“Physical Education” (general qualification “Teacher of Physical Education”).
- pre-school physical education (general qualification «Master of Physical Education and Sports, high school teachers, Head of Physical Education Preschool Children»);
- animation in Physical Culture and Sports (general qualification «Master of Physical Education and Sports, the teacher of the university, animation manager in Physical Culture and Sports»);
- ecological and sports tourism (general qualification «Master of Physical Education and Sports, high school teachers, manager of ecological and sports tourism»);
- Ukrainian hand-to-hand fight «Spas» (general qualification «Master of Physical Education and Sports, high school teachers, trainer and lecturer of Ukrainian hand-to-hand fight «Spas»).
“Physical Rehabilitation” (general qualification „Teacher of Physical Education – rehabilitologist”).
- physical rehabilitation (general qualification «Master of Physical Education and Sports, physical rehabilitation, high school teachers»);
- sports rehabilitation (general qualification «Master of Physical Education and Sports, physical and sports rehabilitation, high school teachers»).
“Olympic and Professional Sports”
- theory and methodology of chosen sport (general qualification «Master of Physical Education and Sports, high school teachers, coach of the selected kind of sport»);
- organizing and conducting athletic competitions (general qualification «Master of Physical Education and Sports, high school teachers, judge of kind of sport»);
- Organization and Management of Sport and Physical Culture (general qualification «Master of Physical Education and Sports, high school teachers, head of physical culture and sports direction institutions »).
“Tourism” (general qualification “Tourism (by kinds)”) specializations:
- Tourism (tourism activity) (general qualification «Master of tourism, tourism expert, excursion expert, high school teachers).
The faculty has about 1,500 students, including 570 for full-time studying. Among them are highly skilled athletes – Honored Master of Sports, the Master of sports of international class, Master of sports of Ukraine. Achieving these athletes - from Champion of Ukraine to the holder of Olympic medals. Far outside the country know the names of students and graduates of the Faculty: Olha Strazheva, Roman Zozulia (gymnastics), Svitlana Bondarenko, Denys Sylantiev (swimming), Roman Volodkov, Olena Zhupina ta Hanna Sorokina (diving), Volodymyr ta Valerii Sydorenky (boxing), Oleksandr Rezanov ta Serhii Kushnyriuk (handball), Tetiana Samolenko (athletics) and many others.
Work at the Faculty 67 teachers, including: doctors, professors - 5 candidates of sciences, associate professors - 30. Honored coach of Ukraine - 4, master of sports of international class - 1, masters of sports of Ukraine - 15, international judges - 2.
The material basis of the Faculty constitutes a sports complex, which includes two playing, gyms as well as three rooms of aerobics. At the Faculty are functioning health and rehabilitation and fitness centers.
In addition to the required classes, in the Faculty constantly holding training seminars, courses and refresher advanced training for specialists of physical culture and sports, and for the fans, for sports at the university there are many local, regional and even national competitions, sports and mass events. Traditional sporting events that are organized by students and teachers, and the Faculty directly involved in them, take part in an aerobics "Christmas constellations", student "Super League" Cup, fitness marathons, Olympics graduates of secondary schools schools "Entrant". Faculty of Physical Education became three times winner of the national competition of the higher educational institutions of Ukraine.
At the Faculty there is a research laboratory of "Biochemistry and pharmacology of sport", Laboratory for Innovative Technologies, is a computer class on 14 computers. Connected Internet. About 70% of the fundamental disciplines of classes graduating majors are held by the new computer programs.
Structure of the Faculty
The Faculty consists of 5 departments:
- Department of Theory and Methods of Physical Training and Sports (Head of the Department –D.Sc. in Pedagogics, professor Konokh Anatolii Petrovych), ph. # 228-75-53, 4th academic building, room 306а;
- Department of Tourism (Head of the Department - D.Sc. in Pedagogics, associate professor Makovetska Natalia Valeriivna), ph. # 228-75-53, 4th academic building, room 302.
- Department of Human Health and Physical Rehabilitation (Head of the Department – D.Sc. in Biology, professor Bohdanovska Nadiia Vasylivna), ph. # 228-75-53, 4th academic building, room 301;
- Department of Sports Games (Head of the Department, D.Sc. in Pedagogics, associate professor Klopov Roman Viktorovych), ph. # 289-12-81, sports complex, office 217;
- Department of Olympic and Professional Sports (Head of the Department – Ph.D. in Pedagogics, associate professor Svatiev Andrii Viacheslavovych), ph. # 289-12-63, sports complex, office 203b;
- Department of Medical and Biological Basics of Physical Training (Head of the Department – Andrij Kuznetsov),
- ph. # 228-75-81, 4th academic building, room 114.
Job prospects of graduates
Experts of the specialty «Physical Education» and «Sports» after graduation can work in offices and educational institutions (teacher of physical education, head of physical education for children of pre-school institutions, the head teacher, deputy director, school principal, head of pre-school education), hold methodological administrative positions in local government and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of Ukraine on physical education and sports, health as well as teaching, research and administrative positions in higher education and research institutions of sports, research and education and institutions of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of Ukraine.
The objects of professional activity of graduates towards «Human Health»: universities, educational institutions (secondary schools, gymnasiums and lyceums, boarding schools as well as daycare secondary schools), extracurricular institutions, social services for youth, health care, rehabilitation and sports service all subordination. Depending on the nature of the work specialist physical education and sport, physical rehabilitation engaged in such activities: improving support for different population groups (sports and rehabilitation activities), psychological (advisory and brokerage, health promotion principles of prevention rehabilitation, medical and rehabilitative care), cultural and educational activities at the place of residence, sports and recreation activities and cultural vacation.
By specialty «Tourism» specialist has the right to occupy such a post:
- manager in firms, organizations, agencies and businesses related to tourism and recreation businesses;
- manager of hotel and catering business;
- professor of higher education institution.
Tourism – is one of the most interesting specialties in university. During the program, students study: two foreign languages (English as compulsory, French or German by choice, basis of management, marketing, tourism, technology, tourism, tourism organization, the organization of animation and recreational services, hotel and restaurant business, information technologies in tourism and hospitality industry, sightseeing deals more. Students of specialty «Tourism» undergo practical training and training in travel agencies and hotels of Zaporizhzhya and other cities of Ukraine and hotel complexes in Turkey and Bulgaria. Students involved in sports and health tourism, make trips to the mountains of the Crimea, the Carpathians, Urals, Sayan, Caucasus.
Graduates of specialty "Tourism" can realize themselves in travel agencies in Ukraine and abroad, in the organization of recreational and sightseeing services, outdoor activities.